1) Trying to hold your cat’s paw, even though you know that is forbidden.
2) Having a real good paw session when your cat is asleep.
3) And then apologising when you wake your cat up by taking liberties with those paddy paws.
4) Getting used to the feeling of cat litter under foot when you go to the loo in the middle of the night.
5) Feeling amused when you and your cat go to the toilet at the same time.
6) And laughing when your cat tried to bury something by digging at your laminate floor.
7) Holding on to your pee for ages when your cat blesses you by sitting on you.
8) And generally putting up with dead legs and arms because moving when a cat is touching you is obviously a sin.
9) Letting the cat somehow take up more of your bed than you.
10) And somehow steal all the duvet.
11) Sharing your human food with your cat.
12) And generally forgetting that most people think it’s gross to have an animal beg you for food.
13) But somehow when cats do it it’s so cute.
14) Especially when they eat weird things like toast.
15) Talking to your cat in a special voice you only use for them.
16) And thinking that they are talking back because they always meow at exactly the right time.
17) Just having full on conversations with your cat all the time.
18) Never calling your cat by the name you actually gave it.
19) Usually calling it something along the lines of “Mrsnoopypawsfluffykins”.
20) Or just “the cat” when you’re angry with it.
21) Holding your cat up to the mirror so it can see its own reflection, even though for some reason it is not interested in this at all.
22) You just want it to see how cute you two look together.
23) You will convince yourself that your cat attacking you is a sign of love.
24) And you will put your feetsies in the line of attack just because it’s kind of cute.
25) Spending way longer than you should holding the door open for the cat waiting for it to decide whether it wants to be in or out.
26) And fully trying to reason with your cat to make a decision.
27) Desperately trying to convince people to look at your cat whenever they do something slightly unusual.
28) Taking 100s of photos of your cat that are all remarkably similar because they tend to fall asleep in the same places.
29) Trying to use your cat as a pillow, but not really because you don’t want to crush their lil’ bellies.
30) Saying “Hello kitty” and “Bye bye” when your cat is going for its daily sprint around the house.
31) And saying “bless you, kitty” when they sneeze.
32) Just putting up with watching the TV with your cat standing directly in front of it.
33) Styling your cat’s fur so it all goes in the wrong direction and they look so stooopid.
34) And then feeling bad and putting it all back.
35) Forcing your cat to cuddle even when they’re really not into it.
36) Remembering that a wild animal chooses to live in your house and feeling so blessed.
37) Feeling overwhelmed by how much you love your cat.
38) Wanting to own and cuddle every cat, because cats are just the best.